Vitalpac, formerly known as The Learning Clinic, is a healthcare improvement organisation founded in 2005, with an objective to provide clinicians with accurate and real-time information for safest possible patient care. Our mission is to deliver state of the art clinical decision support systems in order to create visibility and transparency across hospitals. A group of 60 clinicians, engineers and software experts are working side by side to design the technology to make this happen.
Our award winning products are practical solutions designed to improve patient safety and outcomes. They have been developed in response to national guidelines and research into patient safety.
We take pride in ensuring that high value healthcare is sustained for every patient, every day.
Vitalpac at a glance:
- 6 million observations taken each month
- Fully rolled out in 600 wards across 51 hospitals in the UK and growing
- 30,000 clinicians are using it each month
- 92,000 patients are having their observations taken by Vitalpac each month on average
- Because we are the most experienced in this field, having been working with the highest number of hospitals in the UK
- Our solutions are mobile and always on even during wifi or server outage
- An average hospital wide deployment of Vitalpac is possible only in 13 weeks
- We are able to make a ward paperless in the first 2-4 days
- The National Technology Assessment Centre Report identifies an ROI in excess of 4:1 for Vitalpac Trusts
- Using Vitalpac, each observation is recorded up to 40% quicker on the device than pen and paper
- Last but not least, evidence shows that Vitalpac Trusts realize huge benefits from its use, for example:
- Croydon University Hospital reduced cardiac arrests by 70%
- Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust reduced mortality by 15%
- Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust reduced Norovirus outbreak by 95%
- Northampton General hospital reduced patient observation errors by 300%
- University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust reduced length of stay by 10%
- Dorset County Hospital reduced emergency admissions’ length of stay by 20%
- University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust reduced ICU admission by 50%
Vitalpac became part of the System C group in September 2015. The company operates as a subsidiary of System C, sitting alongside the company’s other subsidiaries, Liquidlogic and Careflow Connect Ltd.